Carbon Monoxide - Latest News
As British Columbians pack their camping supplies and get ready to venture out to campgrounds, lakes, cabins, and outdoor music festivals, Technical Safety BC and Vancouver Coastal Health are reminding people to be aware of the dangers of carbon monoxide (CO) exposure and understand its symptoms.
Around 430 people die every year across the US due to the odorless and colorless gas, CDC says. In a tragic incident, a 25-year-old Detroit man lost his wife and 10-month-old son due to suspected carbon monoxide poisoning.
Susan C. Livingston turned her grief over her parents’ deaths last May into advocacy by working with longtime friend and state Rep. Lori Ehrlich to push for legislation mandating engine shutoff software for keyless ignition vehicles. Once a luxury automotive feature, keyless ignition has become standard in more than 62 percent of all vehicles sold
Friends tell us Connie Dotson died when she accidentally left her car with keyless ignition running in the garage while she slept inside her home. The coroner's office said it is possible that was the cause of her death.
Patricia M. Fish and Russell Fish were married 46 years when he died in his home by carbon monoxide poisoning from his Toyota Forerunner inadvertently left running in the attached garage.