Awards and Recognition
Sue Auriemma, KidsAndCars.org VP received the New York State Senate Woman of Distinction award from Senator Martins for her devotion and passion for helping others, May, 2015.
Ms. Janette Fennell, KidsAndCars.org President & Founder has received numerous awards for her work such as:
- Consumer Federation of America’s Esther Peterson Consumer Service Award, June, 2015.
- Safe Kids Kansas Outstanding Coalition Organization Award, December, 2012.
- Department of Transportation Safety Champion Award – “In recognition of your (Janette Fennell) dedication and hard work to raise awareness of the dangers to children in and around vehicles. Your on-going crusade for safety has helped to save lives and prevent tragedies.” – David Strickland, Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, March 2011.
- Kansas City Royals, Buck O’Neal Legacy Seat 2010 Honoree, August 2010.
- 2007 Community Champion Award from the Civil Justice Foundation, July 2007.
- Safe Kids, Metro Kansas City, Advocate Extraordinaire Award, January 2007.
- Safe Kids, State of Kansas The Outstanding Achievement in Childhood Safety Award, December 2006.
- University of Wisconsin, Distinguished Alumni Award. October 2004.
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, (NHTSA) 2002 Public Service Award Recipient, June 2002.
- 2001 Humanitarian of the Year Award, The Danny Foundation, October, 2001.
- American Academy of Pediatrics, California District, Annual Injury Prevention Award, September, 2001.
- The Gleitsman Foundation Award of Achievement, December 2000.
- “Heroes for Today,” Reader’s Digest, October, 1999.
- 1999 Community Champion Award from the Civil Justice Foundation, July 1999.
- 25th Anniversary Outstanding Alumni Award, College of Business Administration, University of Wisconsin, 1991.
- Outstanding Young Alumni Award, Alumni Association, University of Wisconsin, 1987.