Ms. Fennell has received numerous awards for her work such as:
- Department of Transportation Safety Champion Award - "In recognition of your (Janette Fennell) dedication and hard work to raise awareness of the dangers to children in and around vehicles. Your on-going crusade for safety has helped to save lives and prevent tragedies." - David Strickland, Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, March 2011.
- Kansas City Royals, Buck O'Neal Legacy Seat 2010 Honoree, August 2010.
- 2007 Community Champion Award from the Civil Justice Foundation, July 2007.
- Safe Kids, Metro Kansas City, Advocate Extraordinaire Award, January 2007.
- Safe Kids, State of Kansas The Outstanding Achievement in Childhood Safety Award, December 2006.
- University of Wisconsin, Distinguished Alumni Award, October 2004.
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, (NHTSA) 2002 Public Service Award Recipient, June 2002.
- 2001 Humanitarian of the Year Award, The Danny Foundation, October, 2001.
- American Academy of Pediatrics, California District, Annual Injury Prevention Award, September, 2001.
- The Gleitsman Foundation Award of Achievement, December 2000.
- “Heroes for Today,” Reader’s Digest, October 1999.
- 1999 Community Champion Award from the Civil Justice Foundation, July 1999.
- 25th Anniversary Outstanding Alumni Award, College of Business Administration, University of Wisconsin, 1991.
- Outstanding Young Alumni Award, Alumni Association, University of Wisconsin, 1987.